Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week One Down


      Well, as of today we have completed one full week of homeschooling with Mr. Daddy's new work schedule. He is now working 4 ten hour days. He works Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 11 am until 10 pm. It's nice in the fact that he has 3 days off in a week, but it means that I am on my own for most of the days he works.

     We are doing well with homeschooling. Bee really seems to be enjoying sign language and has mastered over 30 signs. (We hope to adopt an deaf or hard of hearing child one day and figured it was prudent to teach her sign language.) We also have a Bible verse for the week and I am happy to say she has mastered her verse for the week.

Children, Obey your parents in everything for this pleases the Lord.
-Colossians 3:20

I figured it was a good place to start. There is something nice about a child quoting this verse.  We are also working on our letters and letter sounds, as well as counting.  Best I can tell we will be ready for beginning Kindergarten in the fall.
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.