Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Count Down is on.



      It's September and this year brings some very special events.  On the 3rd my daughter will be celebrating her second adoption birthday.  In my family, where there are a lot of adoptions, we celebrate the final court date as a new birth into the family.  Two years ago my wonderful husband adopted my daughter from a previous marriage as his own.  Even though he has always treated her as his own we celebrate the day.


Bee pretending to talk on the phone, just like Mr. Daddy.
     On the 8th I will celebrating my third wedding anniversary.  My husband likes to say he had a buy one get one free marriage.  Just thinking about that day makes me smile.  My husband looking so handsome.  We decided not to write our own vows, we knew we would cry.  We wrote sweet notes to each other about what we would say instead.  In moments of reflection I get the note out and read it.  Of course there are tears of joy.  There are many things about the day I will always remember.  My daughter dancing around in her little pink dress, not know what the big deal was about. 




     On the 13th my baby will be starting Kindergarten.  We are homeschooling, but still it is a huge deal.  It seems like only yesterday she was just born.  Now she is starting off into the world.  My how time does fly.


 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.