Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 1-3




     The month of November is upon us and has gotten me thinking about thankfulness.  The Bible tells us,
Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything,
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
Ephesians 5:20
With this in mind I thought I would do something a little different.  I am going to do 30 days of Thankfulness.  I am going to share one thing per day for the whole month of November that I am thankful for.  The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines thankful as, "conscious of benefit received, expressive of thanks, and well pleased."  This information makes me wonder, what benefits have I received?  What requires an expression of thanks?  What am I well please with?  I am sending out a challenge to everyone to join me in 30 Days of Thankfulness and answer the questions for yourself.
Day 1
     I am thankful for God and the gift of His son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  If you know Jesus as your savior then you know the wonderful gift that I am talking about.
Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done
Psalms 105:1
 God knows all of our dirty secrets, he sees everything we do, think, and feel, and loves us the same as He does His own son.  Just let that thought sink in for a while.  He loves us not because we are good, but because we are ourselves.  I have been a believer since I was 12, but there have been lots of times in my life where I have felt unlovable.  God loved me even when I was not following His will.  I am so thankful that God wanted to be part of my life that I want everyone to know. 
Day 2

     I am thankful for my wonderful husband.  I know without a doubt that he is a blessing from God just for me. We dated in high school and I ended it when he graduated, but God had a plan for us.  I was a single parent with we started dating the second time around.  He courted me with an amazing amount of determination.  He gladly took on not only a wife but also a 18 month old daughter at the same time.  He adopted my daughter and has always loved her as his own.  He is a wonderful father and husband, I couldn't ask for better.  Every day I have with him is a blessing to me and our daughter. 
Day 3

     I am thankful for my family traditions.  My Mom instilled in all of her children the importance of family traditions.  Traditions are what makes each family special and unique.  We have them for every holiday.  During the Thanksgiving holiday we celebrate with a "Thanks" jar.  Every day in the month of November everyone in the family writes on a piece of paper something they are thankful for.  You can not repeat something someone has already said, so close to Thanksgiving  it gets very difficult.  We also save the pieces of paper from one year to the next.  We start out the month with reading last years pieces of paper.  This is a tradition that we have begun with our daughter.  We enjoy it every year. 

 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.