Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 4


Day 4
     I am thankful for my children.  This includes Bee, who is turning 5 today, the baby that I am carrying, and the ones that have gone on to be with the Lord.. 
He settles the barren woman in her home
as a happy mother of children.
Praise the Lord.
Psalms 113:9
     I always thought when the time came I would easily get pregnant and easily deliver several healthy babies.  I never expected that I would have such a difficult time getting pregnant and carrying to term.  Before I had Bee I lost a baby at 8 weeks.  It then took me 2 years to get pregnant again.  I was so excited, but I didn't know how difficult being pregnant would be.  At 30 weeks I was put on bed rest due to extremely high blood pressure.  At 34 weeks I was induced, spent 40 hours in labor to have an emergency c-section.  Bee was healthy and beautiful at 4lbs 2oz, 19 inches long and scored apgars of 8 and 9.  I ended up having to spend 5 hours in ICU due to complications.  I will never forget the first time I saw her tiny little face, it was love at first sight. 
     After I had Bee it was 3 years before we got pregnant again.  The baby went to be with the Lord at 13 weeks.  It then took us a year and a half before we got pregnant again.  I can honestly say I am already in love with the baby I am carrying.  Even if I do not get to hold this baby in my arms I already love it.

Remember to count your blessings daily.  You never know how long you will be allowed to hold them.  You too can take up the challenge and count your blessings
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.