Monday, November 29, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - Days 18-24




Day 18

     I am thankful for cookbooks with pictures.  I love cookbooks! I own several and enjoy looking at new recipes, but there is nothing better then cookbooks with pictures.  There is something wonderful about the beautiful pictures that they put in cookbooks.  I think that there should be a picture for every recipe in a cookbook. 





Day 19
     I am thankful for quiet days at home with the family.  There is nothing better then sitting around with the family and watching a movie.

Day 20

     I am thankful for beautiful sunsets.  There is something so peaceful and beautiful about sunset.  It's like one last sigh before the world goes to sleep.

Day 21

     I am thankful for hand written notes and letters from loved ones.  Is there anything more exciting then getting a letter in the mail.  I'm not talking about an ad or a bill, but a honest to goodness letter.  I know it's uncommon for people to write letters, but I love getting them.  There is something wonderful about getting that envelope with your name on it and wondering what that person has to say.  I have made an effort this year to send out letters or cards instead of an e-mail when I think of someone.


Day 22
     I am thankful for my Mom.  My Mom is a wonderful, yet crazy woman.  She chose to become a single parent by adopting 4 children on her own, me being the first.  I can not believe the dedication this woman has and I hope some day that I can be like her. 

Day 23

     I am thankful for Morning Glories.  I love them.  They are my favorite flower, but as any farmer will tell you they are a weed.  I love morning glories because they appear so delicate and fragile, yet they are very sturdy and resilient.

Day 24
     I am thankful for Cherry Coke Zero.  I have gestational diabetes and I have a very restricted diet.  I am not allowed to drink regular soda, which is difficult for me because I love soda.  I am only allowed to drink diet or the zero soda, which is a big problem for me because I can't stand the taste of them.  I was so excited when I tried Cherry Coke Zero and like it.  I have a soda that I can treat myself to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.