Friday, April 8, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - April 4th - 8th

The Homeschool Chick

In my life this week... I took the van to two different dealership mechanics.   The one we bought the van from was no help at all.  They said they couldn't even find a problem with the van, even though the check engine light is on.  The local dealership was so much more helpful.  They found the problem and fixed it in a timely manner.  I am very tired of sitting in mechanics waiting rooms to say the least.

I seriously don't know if I should lay hands on the van and pray for healing or shoot it and put it out of its pain. I have had it worked on twice this week and the check engine light came on this morning. grrrr Talk about having a bad day.


I did get a bit of a scare at the the OB's office this week.  For some strange reason I got a very high blood pressure reading.  I have been keeping track of my blood pressure at home the whole pregnancy so it was a scary moment to hear that it was very high.  There was no protein in my urine, so they rechecked my blood pressure and it was perfectly normal.  High risk pregnancies are stressful!

We did put our application in for our new apartment last Friday and we finally heard back.  We HAVE a new apartment!!! I am so excited to be moving into our new place on June 13th.

In our homeschool this week...  We are slowly but steadily working our way toward the end of our school year. 

This weekend is the homeschool conference, but we have already purchased our curriculum for next year.  Being huge and pregnant also makes it not fun for me to do a lot of walking, so we are not going.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...  Monday morning we are going to see the OB and the Perinatologist.  Being high risks does have some advantages. We get to see Bug via ultrasound every week. 

Monday afternoon we are taking the van back to the dealership service department again.  I hope they finally figure out what is going on with it.

My favorite thing this week was... Hearing back from our new apartment.  I will probably start packing up soon.  There are plenty of towels and linens and other things we don't use every day we can pack up.

What's working/not working for us... Being so close to the end of my pregnancy is making it difficult for me to have the energy I need to work with Bee.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have... I wonder how I am going to set up my homeschool space in our new home.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
One day at a time!
-Grandma B.

Now it's your turn to share! You can find the link up guidelines & graphics for your post HERE.

2 comments:

  1. sorry about your van troubles!! Congrats on your little one - it won't be long now! Stopping by from HMJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping back from HMJ. Nice to meet you. I love your music on here. All the best with your last month of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.