Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - August 16, 2014


Join me as I recap our homeschooling week.
  • In my life this week...I'm trying to get the house in order after our resent move.  This is only complicated by the fact we may be moving again soon due to a possible job promotion for Mr. Daddy

  • In our homeschool this week...We started the 2014-2015 school year.  Bee is in 4th grade this year.  She is really looking forward to a few of the books we will be reading this year.  Bug begged to "do school" this year even though she's only 3, so she's in "Preschool."  She's learning colors, shapes, letters, and numbers.

  • Helpful homeschool tips or advice to share...Always build in some extra time off in the school year.  This year we started very early in order to add 4 weeks of extra time off.  I usually just get out a calendar, mark off the time we want off, for Christmas and such, pick when I want to be done and count backwards from there.  You never know when the family will get sick or have something come up.  This way the times already there.

  • Places we're going and people we're seeing...This Sunday we are going to the Trails West Festival in St. Joseph, MO.  Big Daddy Weave is having a free concert.  Mr. Daddy and I are so excited.

  • My favorite thing this week was...The beginning of the school year went fairly smooth.

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was...Bee liked going to the music meet and greet.  Bug liked showing her folder to Mr. Daddy at the end of the day.

  • Things I'm working on...I'm trying to make my blog better by posting more regularly.

  • I'm grateful for...I'm grateful for new opportunities for extra curricular activities for the girls.

  • I'm praying for...I'm praying for peace and guidance about Mr. Daddy's possible promotion and our recent move.

  • A photo,  video,  link, or quote to share...
    Bee and Bug on the first day of school
    Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.