Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Weekly Homeschool Buzz - November 1 2014


In my life this week...  This week was fairly typical until Wednesday.  On Wednesday afternoon Mr. Daddy finally got his official offer.  I have to laugh a little that it took 5 weeks from the interview for them to get him the official offer, but only gave 1 day for us to give our answer.  Mr. Daddy accepted his offer within one hour. They want Mr. Daddy to start on the 16th of November.  It gives us about 2 weeks to find a place to live and move everything.  After a couple of days looking for a new home we haven't found anything yet.  I am getting nervous that Mr. Daddy may have to go and stay in a hotel while we stay here.
The kids really enjoyed Fall Festival day.  Bee was Wonder Woman.  Bug was  Batgirl.  Mr. Mister was a Jedi.  They looked so cute.

In our homeschool this week... The mid-week announcement of our quickly approaching move has caused problems with staying focused.  The upside of the announcement is there was less attitude the second half of the week.  Now I just have to decide when we will be taking a break for the move.  I'm not sure if I should just continue up until the move then take a week off while I unpack or if I should take a week off before and after the move.

Helpful Homeschooling tips or advice to share... I know I've said it before, but I'm so glad that I added in extra time in our school year.  The extra time is going to be useful during our move.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...  We are trying to get plenty of visiting in with our family and friends before we move out of the area.

My favorite thing this week was...  My favorite thing this week was announcing Mr. Daddy's official promotion.

My kiddos favorite thing this week was...  The kids loved getting to see Grandma and Grandpa B for Fall Festival.

Things I'm working on...  I'm working on finding a new home, packing, and trying to figure out when to take a break in homeschooling.

I'm cooking... I'm trying to use up all the things in the pantry and deep freeze.  I would hate to loose food in the move.

I'm grateful for...  I'm so grateful for the many friends and family who have been offering help and advice.

I'm praying for... I'm praying we find a new home soon.

I rewarded my kids this week by... I let them eat candy corn and cotton candy for snack.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...


Until next time,


 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.