Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - December 20, 2014

Join me and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers as we recap our week.

In my life this week...This week we tried a different church.  We stayed for maybe 10 minutes.  The people were not very friendly or helpful.  They had the kids in service with the adults and as far as I could tell they didn't even have nursery available.  Bug was being her usual active 3 year old self and Mr. Mister was not happy about being contained.  I was feeling very frustrated when a dirty look from the woman behind us became the straw that broke the camels back. I believe kids should behave themselves in church, but I also feel that options for children should be provided.  I gathered up the kids, all their stuff and left.  We went back to the church we attended last week, even though we were an almost an hour late.  The girls enjoyed themselves. Mr. Mister did better in the nursery, but I still had to spend all of my time with him.  I have attended the church for two Sundays in a row, but never hear the sermon.  I may have to ask more specifically about a place that I can at least hear the sermon. 
     I finished the Christmas shopping this week.  I have a few gifts that I'm working on, but I'm proud of how much I've accomplished.  The girls helped with some of the gifts.  I would like to tell you what they are, but it will have to wait until after Christmas.
     We have also finally started all the Christmas cookies.  We make peanut butter, snicker doodles, and sugar cookies.  The girls are pros at rolling them in sugar.  It's a little stressful to have a toddler and a preschooler in my kitchen while the stove is on.  I'm hoping next year will be easier, but I'm not holding my breath.
In our homeschool this week... Bee has been working really hard to get two weeks of school work done in one week so she can have a longer holiday break.  Sometimes trying to get extra accomplished causes problems, but this time it went fairly smoothly.
My favorite thing this week was... My favorite things this week was getting the call from our old place telling us it had been subleased!
My kiddos favorite thing this week was... The girls loved helping with the sugar cookies.
Things I'm working on... I'm finishing up the homemade Christmas gifts. I'm also working on wrapping them and getting some of them mailed out.
I'm cooking... I'm finishing up the Christmas cookies.
I'm praying for... I'm praying for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for everyone!
I rewarded my kids this week by... I let the girls sample some of the Christmas cookies.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.