Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - December 6, 2014

Join me, Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, and The Homeschool Mother's Journal as we recap our week.
In my life this week...This week we had to make the hard decision to not go across the state to Mr. Daddy's Parents homes for Christmas.  This year was the first Christmas since my mom moved to North Carolina and we had originally planned on spending Christmas with Mr. Daddy's parents.  After we sat down and tried to figure out the logistics of all the driving, not sleeping in our own beds, and the over excitement that always comes with the kids spending time with their grandparents, we decided it wasn't possible to do and still have our sanity in the day and a half  that Mr. Daddy had off.  The kids were a little disappointed but glad to not have to do the really long car rides.  The grandparents were upset about us not coming, but we set up Skype appointments so that they can see the kids on Christmas day. 
     The girls and I have started thinking about the baking we love to do this time of year.  Mr. Daddy got excited when we pulled out the cookie books and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed to make his favorite Peanut Butter cookies.  The girls are really looking forward to helping mix and roll the cookies in sugar.  I love how wonderful the house smells when we are baking.
     I have been on a mission this week to find jeans that can hold up to Bee.  I wouldn't say she's a big tomboy, but she has managed to put holes in all of her jeans.  I asked for recommendations from friends and family and started looking for a brand that will work.   I looked at the Tractor Supply store, JC Penny, and ended up at Wal-Mart.  I don't know what's wrong with the people who design little girls jeans, but their jeans just don't work for us.  Jeans have too much stretch, low rise and not enough sturdy material.  We had to go to the boys department to even find some Wranglers.  We found their Rustler collection and bought Bee four pairs of pants.  The only problem with these jeans is they didn't have an adjustable waist band.  She will be wearing belts for a little while.
     The girls have been on a mission to find postcards to send to family and friends.  In our old town we could find postcards at Wal-Mart, but no such luck here.  I  believe we will have to go to a truck stop to find some here.
In our homeschool this week... Bee has Christmas fever and is really looking forward to her break.   We are finally getting in a routine well enough for us to start thinking about extra activities.
My favorite thing this week was... Bee lost one of her baby teeth while she was eating cotton candy.
My kiddos favorite thing this week was...The girls loved going out to eat for lunch.  We don't go out to eat that often and we went to their favorite place.
Things I'm working on...I'm working on starting the Christmas gifts I'm making.
I'm cooking...I'm not cooking anything that exciting right now, but next week we will be baking cookies.
I'm grateful for... I'm grateful for how well the girls accepted that it will be just us for Christmas.
I'm praying for... I'm praying our old place gets subleased soon.
Something I am ogling or have my eye on...I'm trying to find a messenger bag for Mr. Daddy.  He has talked about maybe wanting something to take stuff to and from work and I would like to find a nice one for him.  One that has a touch of geek would be awesome.

Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice week! Sometimes we have to forgo the "going, going, going" on the holidays. I'm sure the Grands will love the skype appointments though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the run down of your week reflections. Oh, and I was a tomboy, my grandmom just patched my jeans. I'm visiting from Weekly Wrap UP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.