Friday, January 9, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - January 10, 2015

Join me and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, as we recap our week.
In my life this week...This week was the coldest one we have had since our move.  There were days the high didn't go above freezing.  To make our life more exciting everyone got sick this week.  Mr. Mister was the worst.  He had high fever, congestion and cough.  After he started getting better we realized he also got 4 new teeth in, poor guy.  The girls lucked out and only got congestion and a cough.  Mr. Daddy and I got away with cold type symptoms. 

We also made our vacation plans this week.  Mr. Daddy has to travel, for a week of job training, for the next 3 months.  We decided it was a good time to sit down and plan our vacation.  It was a toss up between a cruise, would be our first, and going to see my mom, who lives at the beach in North Carolina.  It was such a difficult decision, because we haven't seen my mom in a year and we have always wanted to go on a cruise.  We even asked Bee and Bug what they would pick.  They couldn't decided either.  We finally decided on flying out to North Carolina this year. It is our hope that we can take the cruise next year and my mom will either come with us or just come out for a visit. Now that the decision was made and the airplane tickets are bought everyone is getting excited. I'm excited because I get to spend my birthday at the beach!
In our homeschool this week... This was our first week back after a 2 week break for Christmas.  Even with everyone getting sick it went fairly well....
My favorite thing this week was...I bought a new winter coat finally!
My kiddos favorite thing this week was...The girls loved when we bought the airplane tickets for our upcoming vacation.
Things I'm working on...I'm working on meal planning.
I'm cooking...Mr. Daddy has asked for peanut butter cookies so I'm hoping to bake some more for him.
I'm grateful for... I'm grateful for the chance to plan a family vacation.
I'm praying for... I'm praying for good health for the family for the remainder of the cold and flu season.
Something I am ogling or have my eye on...I have had my eye on an Ergo baby carrier since Bee was a toddler, but I couldn't justify the cost.  Now with our pending vacation I have been searching online for a cheap used one.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
Mr. Mister got his 2nd haircut and I think he looks like such a little man.

Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

2 comments:

  1. How fun to go on vacation! And it'll be warmer there! ;) I hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vacation! sounds wonderful, I know ya'll will have such a good time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.