Friday, January 23, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - January 24, 2015

Join me and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, as we recap our week.
In my life this week...This week has been an interesting one.  Mr. Daddy flew out Sunday to spend the week doing job training in Texas.  He said the flight down was difficult but  not too bad.  While he was down at training he basically lived on a campus.  He had an apartment, with a little frig but no microwave, on the third floor of a building with no elevator. He had to walk to and from the building with the cafeteria and the training room.  While he was there they had 3 small earthquakes, his first experience ever. I believe he is looking forward to getting back to the routine craziness of home. I know I miss him.


On Monday we went to a friend from church's farm.  Bee and Bug met Mr. R on our first Sunday at our church.  Bug decided almost immediately that she liked him.  He is a very sweet older gentleman that seems to be a grandfather figure to all the kids at the church. Mr. R has several horses and the girls were so excited to get to see and pet them.  They also enjoyed chasing the barn cats around, riding on the tractor and four wheeler, and just playing in the dirt.  Even Mr. Mister got in on the fun and enjoyed playing in the dirt.  They came home completely dirty and as happy as can be.  They had to take off their clothes in the mud room and go straight to the bath.


I got my coat in the new size.  It fits wonderfully and I love it so much.  I may have to get the sleeves altered, they are a little long, but I am extremely happy with it.  My new glasses came in also came in this week.   I have been unhappily stuck in my glasses since just before Mr. Mister was born. I never took the time to get my eyes examined and new contacts ordered.  I finally got my eyes examined last week and some new glasses and contacts ordered. I'm still waiting on the contacts to come in, but until then I'm enjoying my new frames.  They are similar to my old ones in shape but they are black and green.  Emerald green is my favorite color! I really love these glasses and they make me feel attractive.



In our homeschool this week... Bee has done very well this week since we took out Latin.  She is able to get through her day without all the fits and complaining.  It's very exciting because this will allow us to add some extra activities for the kids.  . We are also considering adding keyboarding
Places we're going and people we're seeing...We are picking Mr. Daddy up from the airport Saturday afternoon.
My favorite thing this week was... My favorite thing this week was getting my new glasses this week.
My kiddos favorite thing this week was... The girls loved getting to go to Mr. R's farm and playing with the horses.
Things I'm working on...  I'm working on coming up with a better schedule for our home. 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
Bee getting horse snuggles.



Bug getting horse kisses.
Mr. Mister training to be a cowboy.
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Schedules? I can't ever seem to nail down one that's the same every week. We have a sliding schedule. I'm visiting from weekly wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucie loves the farm pictures, now she REALLY wants to come visit even more! miss ya'll :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures with the horses. Can't be easy when daddy is away. Hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.