Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - January 31,2015

Join me and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, as we recap our week.
In my life this week...This week has been crazy. The kids and I picked Mr. Daddy up at the local airport last Saturday.  We were all very excited to see him again. He will have to go spend a week in February and a week in March doing more training.  We have discussed the possibility of the kids and I taking a short trip to join him at some point.


We set up a reward system in hopes of encouraging better behavior out of the girls. We set up some routines listed out step by step. The routines are kept in plastic sleeves on a ring with a clip.  For Bee her routines are just a list of numbered steps.  For Bug, who can't read yet, it is a picture for each step in the routine.  They have a Morning routine, a meal routine, and a bedtime routine.  If they complete the routine they receive a reward.  It's a nickel sized plastic star, that is worth a dime of spending money to them, that they keep in containers.  They also have a necklace that they can clip their routine cards to.  They can also earn a "proud-of-you".  Anytime they do something that makes us proud of them we put a small star shaped plastic bead on their necklace.  These stars are worth a penny of spending money to them.  The first day we used our new system was awesome.  The rest of the week was mixed.  I think it will take some fine tuning but we may have found a useful behavior system.
In our homeschool this week... This week went relatively easy.  Bee has struggled a little a new math concept, but is overall doing good. 
My favorite thing this week was... My favorite thing was seeing how excited the girls were to show Mr. Daddy how well they did the first day on the new system.
My kiddos favorite thing this week was... The girls favorite thing this week was getting to pick Mr. Daddy up at the airport.
Things I'm working on... We are already looking into next year's curriculum.  We are fairly set on purchasing a Junior Kindergarten set for Bug, and a 5th Grade set for Bee from Memoria Press.  We are also looking for a good Spanish curriculum.  We are considering the Rosetta Stone for Homeschools, but we are open for other suggestions.
I'm grateful for... I was so grateful for the unseasonably warm weather we had here in the first part of this week.  We had 3 days of weather in the 60s and 70s. 
Something I am looking for or need suggestions on...I am looking for a new purse and some new tops.  If you have any suggestions please share!
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.