Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - February 14, 2015

Join me and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, as we recap our week.
In my life this week... This week has been a very busy one.  We have been working on our home furnishings and downsizing this week.  We decided to sell their old dresser and purchased some plastic storage drawers for the kids to use in their bedroom.
The new 5 drawer storage for the kids.
They work well and take up a lot less space in their room.  We have also decided that we will have to sell their old bed.  Mr. Mister wouldn't stay off the steps when we were transferring their clothes to the new drawer, so before we can move him into the room the old bed has to go.  I really like the Kura bed from IKEA. 
Kura bed from Ikea
 I like that it's a bunk bed and the top bunk is only 45" tall.  The bottom mattress is on the floor.  The girls are really wild sleepers so someone falling out of be is always a possibility.  I have also seen some pictures on Pinterest where people have custom built crib rails on the bottom to use them as a crib.  Check it out here.

We sold our old reclining sofa and replaced it with a loveseat and ottoman with storage.

Our new loveseat and ottoman
Now our living room feels bigger and we need to buy end tables.  Sometimes it feels like a never ending process, but maybe that's because we move often.


Friday I celebrated my 24th Adoption Birthday.  We never do anything crazy exciting.  I usually send a card or at the least call my mom and say thank you for adopting me.  Her choosing to adopt me is a big deal because I was 12.  Older kids don't usually get adopted, it's just a sad fact.  Every year, since Mr. Daddy and I got married in 2007, he has called my mom and said thank you for adopting my wife, without you  we would have never met.
Valentine's Day flowers
For Valentine's Day the kids and I bought Mr. Daddy some chocolate and a little recordable charm.  Bee and Bug recorded a sweet message and it can be changed often if they want to.  Mr. Daddy bought me some beautiful roses.
In our homeschool this week... This week we got most of our new curriculum for next year. Bug was so excited she kept asking if we could start her new stuff right now.  I also ordered Rosetta Stone's Spanish for Homeschool.  The girls are really looking forward to starting it in the fall.
Bee is still doing great one day and moving slow the next, but we will just keep on keeping on.  I have come to the decision that Bug needs more of an outlet for all of her energy so we are looking for activities for her and Bee.  I'm hoping that having a fun class to go to will encourage Bee to have more productive days regularly. 
Helpful Homeschooling tips or advice to share... Sometimes you just have to take a small break or vacation to recharge. 
Places we're going and people we're seeing... We are taking Mr. Daddy to the airport tomorrow.  He's going to Texas for another week of training for work.
My favorite thing this week was... I guess I'm just a big kid, but I love getting stuff in the mail.  Getting the curriculum and going through it was so much fun. I'm looking forward to getting more packages.
My kiddos favorite thing this week was... The girls loved getting cards and gifts from their grandparents in the mail.
Things I'm working on... I'm working more on myself this week.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the only grown woman who isn't capable of fixing my own makeup. I was never interested in makeup when I was a teenager, now as an adult I feel lacking.  I have been checking out tons of makeup tutorials for beginners on youtube.  I'm not interested in looking like a famous person, but I would like to look nice.  I feel like I have learned some new skills and I look good. I'm also taking the time and energy to shop for some new clothes for myself.  I really dislike shopping for clothes for myself but it's a need not a want at this point.  Why is it so hard to take better care of ourselves? 
I'm grateful for... I'm so grateful for being able to shop online.  Our little town is so small that sometimes you can only what you want or need online. 
I'm praying for... I'm praying for Mr. Daddy's safety while he's away for us this next week.
Something I am ogling or have my eye on...
Super cute jacket from ModCloth.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Happy Adoption Day - how sweet for you to call you mom on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, visiting from Weekly Wrap Up. What a busy week! It's so nice to be able to get new things for the house and in the mail! Happy Adoption Day to you and hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy adoption day! i'm in constant declutter, organize, rearrange, and redo too. never-ending! new curriculum! i haven't even thought about next year much yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy adoption day! i'm in constant declutter, organize, rearrange, and redo too. never-ending! new curriculum! i haven't even thought about next year much yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.