Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - February 7, 2015

Join me and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, as we recap our week.
In my life this week... It's been a crazy week.  We are still working on our new reward systems.  Some days it just seems like it's hit and miss and others it works great.  I'm determined to make it work.
We are trying to come up with a plan of action to move all the kids into a room together.  Mr. Mister has been sharing a bedroom with Mr. Daddy and I since he came home from the hospital.  The girls have been sharing a room for about 2 years now and sometimes we have made their bedroom just for sleeping and getting dressed since then.  We have had homes where we set up a play room with all of their toys and we have had homes where they have to play in the living room floor. We feel that by removing toys from their room it cuts down on clutter because it can't be shoved under the bed or in the closet.  It has also allowed us to cut down on the number of toys.  Since Mr. Mister is basically weaned and sleeping through the nights some we think the time has come.  The logistics of this is crazy.  Last year we bought the girls a really neat bed set.  The bottom bed is on wheels and you have to pull it out to sleep on it.
We got a really good deal on it and the girls and I were excited about it.  I now realize how short sighted the decision was.  If the decision hadn't been spur of the moment we would have probably bought some sort of bunk bed because it has always been the plan for the kids to share a room.  This time Mr. Daddy and I are really trying to look at the long run so we are not wasting money on buying new beds every year.  This also brings into play the question of if we are going to have another baby, but that's a whole other topic for another time.  If you have any tips or suggestions PLEASE share in the comments.
The exciting part of this week was Wednesday when Bee decided it was time to finally cut her hair for locks of love.  She has been growing her hair out for some time, but always seemed unsure if she wanted short hair.  She finally decided and really loves her new cut.  She was also happy to give her hair to a little girl who doesn't have any.  Bug also wanted to get her hair cut too.  She was so excited to have "a lot" of hair cut off too.  We got her hair cut to about her shoulders.
Bee's hair before.
Bee's hair after.
In our homeschool this week... I ordered next years curriculum this week. Bug is SUPER excited! She just wants to be a big kid like her sister.  I haven't ordered the Spanish curriculum yet, I'm not sure why.  I also have a confession to make.  I was really excited to read out the homeschool coops in this area when we were getting ready to move, but I haven't really made any contact.  I joined the group online, but no one is sharing any information online.  It really makes me frustrated.  The fact that I'm not the typical girly girl makes me worried that I will not get along with the other moms. I have only made one new homeschool mom friend and it's only because she works with Mr. Daddy.  Latina Mama V is an amazing single mom who also homeschools her son and such a blessing to me. 
My favorite thing this week was...Today Mr. Daddy came early from work so I could have some much needed me time.  I got to spend over a hour talking with another homeschool mom from the area.  It was so much fun to talk with Latina Mama V!
My kiddos favorite thing this week was... The girls loved getting their hair cut this week.
Things I'm working on... I'm working on updating my sad mom wardrobe.  I'm on a mission to find cute and comfortable new clothes.  Finding great tops that fit is really hard for me, so I may have to do some sewing.
I'm grateful for... I'm so grateful for the awesome new purse that Mr. Daddy insisted I get for myself.  I haven't bought myself a new purse since before Bug was born.  Mr. Daddy knows that I don't spend money on things for myself, so when I saw a cute purse I liked he made sure I bought it. I have such a wonderful husband.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...


Bee with her Locks of Love hair.


Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty cool bed though! We have some sharing dilemmas here too - How to combine my soon-to-be-stepkids with my kids. Although my youngest son doesn't mind sharing, my daughter does (and her room is kinda small). But everyone must make do. It's mostly to relax and sleep anyway, right? Way to go on the hair donation! I'm just starting to think about next year. Unfortunately I'm not positive we'll be homeschooling next year...Score on the purse! I'm like you - I don't spend money on myself very often. I always think of what the kids or house need first. Thanks for stopping by Our Side of the Mountain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.