Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - March 14, 2015

In my life this week...  Happy Pi Day!  I hope everyone week went well.  Mine was interesting.
I'm not sure if I lost my mind or got really brave but I gave Mr. Mister a home haircut on Sunday.  I guess I got a little tired of trying to explain to stylists that I wanted him to have a boy's cut, not a baby's cut.  Now this was only his 3rd haircut ever, but he did really good considering I had no idea what I was doing. 
Monday was my day for really bad customer service.  I went to a local office supply store to have a print job done.  We recently bought the Rosetta Stone Spanish homeschool edition and I wanted to get the workbook printed off and bound.  I had gone in previously to speak with someone in the copy center to make sure it was possible and if I needed to bring anything with me.  The lady I spoke with said I needed to show permission in writing from the company, but it was a common thing.  So I looked in the workbook and there it was.  I drag the disk and all three kids into the store to get this processes started.  I explain to the guy what I wanted done.  He tells me he can't do it, I can print it off on my own personal printer but they could not.  The guy was very aggressive about it.  I leave the store and call Rosetta Stone's customer service and asked the representative about the situation.  I was told what I wanted to do was perfectly acceptable and it was the reason why they put it in workbook.  So by now I'm rather put off by the office supply store so I e-mail a customer complaint. The next day I get an e-mail from the president of the company stating the same thing the guy told me.  They were trying to protect Rosetta Stone's copyright by refusing to print the material for my personal use, even thought I have permission in writing. It doesn't make sense to me, but I will not be going back to the store again.
We must really be missing our Sweet Southern Friends this week.  I have noticed everyone has been using southern sayings, especially y'all.  It's rather cute to see the girls saying it.  We went to Hobby Lobby and bought a garden flag that says, "Welcome Y'all." I'm hoping we get to see our friends soon, but it all depends on how quickly Bee can finish with school.  If she finishes early we can leave for our vacation early and visit our Sweet Southern Friends.  I know we are all excited about the possibility.
In our homeschool this week... Bee has worked hard this week and finished early this week.  She is finally feeling the push to the end of the year.  The possibility of getting to visit our Sweet Southern Friends has really motivated her.
Places we're going and people we're seeing... On Sunday we are taking Mr. Daddy to the airport for his last week of training in Texas.
Things I'm working on... I bought some really cute material to make the girls some dresses.
I'm grateful for... I'm grateful for the wonderful weather.
I'm praying for... I'm praying for a easy plane ride for Mr. Daddy's trip.
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

4 comments:

  1. That is so strange about the copy store. That can really make you feel bad about the whole week. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so strange about the copy store. That can really make you feel bad about the whole week. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a cute blog and your family is precious! You stopped by my place and I came here to "meet" you, but my kids interrupted and I couldn't comment that time. I hope you are having a blessed week! Hope to see you on the link-up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited for the possibility of getting to visit!!! miss ya'll so very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.