Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - March 28, 2015

Join me and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, and The Homeschool Mother's Journal, as we recap our week.
In my life this week... This week has been night and day compared to last week.  Everyone had finally recovered from the sickness that lingered in our home for two weeks.
I completed the cleaning schedule and it went well this week.  The girls really enjoy helping with their cleaning kits.

We had several really windy days this week, not a big surprise in Southwestern Kansas, but our cute little garden flag went missing.  The girls were really upset to find it missing and asked why someone would take it.  I had to explain that it was probably the wind that made it fly away and that windy days were part of where we live.  I guess I will have to go back to the store and see if they have another one.


I have also been going through the kids clothes this week.  The warmer weather has started the semi annual clothing migration.  Twice a year I make them try stuff on and  change out clothes for the season.  If it doesn't fit, they haven't worn it, or they don't like it we pass it on or donate it. All the kids seem to have grown over night and I have a large pile of clothes to pass on.  Poor Bee has out grown most of her shirts.  We have a "no belly" rule in our house.  If you raise your arms and we see your belly the shirt has to go.  This rule is the death of many favorite shirts in our home.  Bug is  lucky enough to have a cousin that is a size bigger then her and we get tons of hand me downs.  Mr. Mister has out grown any 12 month one piece or onsie.  He can fit 18 month pants in the waist but they are too long on his legs.  Even though he's our barefoot wonder he got a new pair of sandals this week.  Even though his sister have small feet, like me, his feet are almost as big as Bugs.
I'm trying to finalize our vacation plans.  The kids and I are going to make the trip to the Kansas City area earlier then our flight so we can visit family and friends.  The grandparents haven't seen the kids since we moved in November.  We also have friends we want to see while we have a chance.  I miss Sweet Southern Mama and Mama Rosie so I'm trying to make plans to get together for visits.  Our once easy and regular visits are now harder and farther apart. 
In our homeschool this week...   This week has gone wonderfully.  This week Bee finished for the year: 
  • Math
  • Poetry
  • Spelling
  • Grammar
  • Famous Men of Rome
  • United States Geography Review
  • Book of Insects
  • World Geography
She only has three subjects left to be completely finished for the year!  We are hoping to finish next week.
Mr. Daddy and I are considering having Bee and Bug spend some time on Rosetta Stone's Spanish this summer.  We are never sure how long we will stay in one place so we want to take advantage of the large Spanish speaking population where we currently live.
Things I'm working on...  I'm already working on next years schedule.  The logistics of three kids, homeschooling two different grades, extra curricular and church activities is crazy.  I think I have a beginning outline of our school calendar already.  Now I just need to decide what extra curricular activities we are participating in and if we are going to join the local homeschool co-op.
I'm cooking...  We are actually doing a lot of grilling with the warm weather.  Mr. Daddy loves his new grill and takes every chance he gets to use it. 
I'm grateful for... I'm so glad we homeschool.  If we didn't our up coming vacation wouldn't be possible.
I'm praying for... I'm praying for Mr. Daddy's stress level at work. 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
Bug and Mr. Mister playing peek-a-boo.

Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from The Homeschool Mother's Journal linkup. We live in southeastern Montana and we have some really strong winds here, I put a safety pin on each side of my little flags (close to the hanger) to keep them from coming off in the wind. I love the idea of cleaning kits for little ones! I wish I would have used something like that when my son was younger. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a GREAT flag fix! Why didn't I think of that? Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a fantastic week! Thanks for sharing it at the Homeschool Mother's Journal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.