Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - April 4, 2015

In my life this week...It's been a rather busy week as we gear up for Easter. 
Doesn't it always seem like plans for big meals get out of hand quickly.  It will only be the five of us, so I try to keep things fairly simple.  We are making some old favorites and trying some new ones.
Mr. Daddy and I nailed down some more of the last minute details of our vacation.  We have scheduled a lunch with Grandma and Great Grandma.  We have also scheduled some time with Grandma and Grandpa B.  I have made arrangements to visit with Mama Rosie.  We may have to schedule our visit with our Sweet Southern Friends for the Saturday we fly back to Kansas City.  We booked our hotel for the night before our flight out of Kansas City.  We are pretty sure we need to get a hotel for the night before we fly out of Virginia, but Oma wants as much time as possible with her grandbabies.  Our flight leaves Virginia at 7am. We would need to get to the airport at 5am to make sure we have time to get through security.  It's a 2 hour drive to get to the airport.  That makes it a 2:30am wake up call and  some really crabby kids.  You know you are a parent when vacations seem like more stress then staying home.
I finished the girls Easter outfits.  I didn't do anything fancy or ambitious.  I bought some nautical fabric with fake smocking.  One easy seem up the  back and some 2" ribbon for straps and they were finished.  It's a cute dress for Bug and a cute tunic to wear with capris for Bee.  I bought some BIG hair bows for the girls to wear in their hair.  If I was super crafty mom I would have made them myself, but I'm not.  Mr. Mister was much easier.  He's wearing a cute little sailor outfit that is a hand me down.  I will be doing my best to get cute pictures on Easter and will share them.
In our homeschool this week... Wednesday Bee finished Christian Studies with a 100% on her final.  Thursday she finished Composition without too much fuss.  Friday was a battle.  She and Literature to finish, but instead of just getting the job done she wasted time.  Nothing frustrates me more then wasting time.  We finally managed to finish the school year on Saturday. I'm so glad to finally be done with it. 
Things I'm working on... I have made several calls and e-mails about co-ops in the area.  It seems like an impossible task to try and find a perfect fit. 
I'm cooking... I'm getting ready for a big Easter dinner. 
The girls are really excited to be trying ambrosia salad.  We usually avoid foods with coconut and coconut flavoring because Mr. Daddy isn't fond of either.
I'm grateful for... I'm grateful that Mr. Daddy has Easter Sunday off from work.
I'm praying for... I'm praying for good weather on Easter Sunday.
Something I am ogling or have my eye on... I'm looking at the possibility of buying an embroidery machine.  I don't know much about them so I'm still in the research stages.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.