Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Usual Journey

Join me, Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, and The Homeschool Mother's Journal as we recap our week.


Hey y'all!  How was your week?  My week was pleasantly uneventful.  I went through the girls new curriculum and got it organized for the new school year.  I was excited to discover that about half of the books needed for Bug's curriculum are available on Kindle.  We usually try to find these books at our public library, but since they are such wonderful books we sometimes like to purchase them for our own personal use.  There is nothing like holding a book in your hand, but it's so much easier to move a kindle as opposed to several boxes of books.  Since we move so often this is a real consideration for us.  Every little bit of downsizing helps.


I tried to do some planning for the remainder of our summer.  It's sounding like Mr. Daddy is going to be very busy at work starting in July.  When this happens it feels like the kids are more difficult than normal.  I'm  hoping that having plenty of activities will use up energy and give them something to look forward to.  So far the girls are now signed up for Tae Kwon Do twice a week and start this next Tuesday.  They are very excited and have been talking about being ninjas.  My hope is that they get some exercise and it helps Bug learn to focus.  I'm hoping to get the girls signed up for swim lessons either this summer or earlier this fall. 


I'm also trying to plan some road trips to visit family and friends in Kansas City and St. Louis.   The girls are hoping that I will magically make a trip to visit my mom happen, but it's not likely.  There are also some talk of grandparents coming to visit us here.  I trying to fit everyone in but, it sometimes feels like an impossible dream.


Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I just love new curriculum! We also use the Kindle for a lot of Em's reading - but we both love real books too! It is a love I hope we never forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning too...but I need to finally purchase a laptop. Mine died in February...but more of our work will be on the computer this coming year. Sign of the times? We've gone through 3 Kindles. I love it, but I'm for paper books too...and our "luck" with Kindles hasn't been that great. Enjoy summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.