Sunday, August 2, 2015

Out of Rush Hour

Join me, Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers , and The Homeschool Mother's Journal  as we recap our week.


Hey y'all! How was your week? My week has been busy. We started out of week on the road. Sunday we drove from Kansas City to St. Louis to visit my sister and her family.  The kids loved playing with their cousins. 
Bee and Bug smelling the flowers at the zoo.

Mr. Mister 10 minutes after sitting in the AC and still not happy.
Monday I took the kids to the zoo.  The St. Louis zoo is amazing and free! You have to pay for parking, but that really isn't a bad deal.  It was so hot and humid the kids only lasted an hour before they asked to leave.  I took them to Chick-fil-a for lunch and some play time at their indoor play area. 
The Original Imo's Pizza Location!
I did manage a little bit of geek out when we drove by the original Imo's Pizza.  We love Imo's St. Louis style pizza and we very sad to move away from the Kansas City location.  It's a definite try.
The kids at the St. Louis Magic House. Can you tell who's grumpy?
Tuesday morning everyone woke up feeling rough. The kids were acting grumpy but we decided to try and do the St. Louis Magic House.  The kids lasted about 2 hours before the crabbiness took over.  At this point I figured it was for the best if cut our trip short and headed home.  I figured we would get a hotel in Kansas City and drive the rest of the way home Wednesday.  Little did I know all the hotels were booked due to a concert so we had to drive to Lawrence to get a room.


When we finally got home we have spent the rest of the week trying to recover from being sick.  This is not the way I pictured our road trip.  Hopefully we will be rested for our trip next week.


Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.