Saturday, August 15, 2015

Preperation for the start of school


Hey y'all! How has your week been? I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off this week.  I'm trying to get everything ready for the start of our school year.  I thought I would change up how I do the Homeschool Weekly Buzz.  This is the first year I will be officially homeschooling more than one child at a time.  With both Bee and Bug homeschooling I also have the problem of keeping Mr. Mister busy while the girls are trying to do their work. So, here is the run down of what we are doing this year.
We are using Memoria Press' Fifth grade curriculum for Bee, but we are not using it all.  We are not doing Latin this year, instead we are doing Rosetta Stones Spanish. 
We are also adding Typing Instructor for Kids for typing. 
She will be taking swimming lessons and Tae Kwon Do lessons for P.E. She has shown interest in starting her piano lessons back up.  I can't tell you how happy this makes me.  She has such a gift when it comes to music. We are also leaning towards joining a local co-op so their will be more classes added. To see my Fifth Grade Pinterest board check here.

We are using Memoria Press' Junior Kindergarten curriculum for Bug.  It's only set up for two days a week, but we are adding Star Wars Preschool ABC Fun and Star Wars Preschool Number Fun to stretch it into a full week. 
I'm also trying to piece together some Spanish curriculum for her.  She will be taking gymnastics and Tae Kwon Do lessons for P.E.  Since she doesn't meet the age requirement to do Kindergarten classes for the co-op, I'm sure she will enjoy spending time with other kids.  To see my Preschool Pinterest board check  here.
For Mr. Mister I'm trying to come up activities that will keep him relatively quiet and busy. I have been doing plenty of research on Pinterest to keep him busy.  I'm really unsure how I will manage to keep him busy while we are doing school.  To see my Littles Pinterest board check here.

If you have any ideas or recommendations to make the year run smoother please leave a comment.
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.