Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - August 22, 2015

Hip Homeschool Hop as we recap our week.

Hey y'all! How was your week? It was the first week of school for us, so it was crazy here.  The craziness this time of year brings makes me seriously consider homeschooling year round.
First day of school pictures.
 The first couple of weeks after being off for the summer are always full of struggling to figure out what will work for us.  This year was extra difficult with two homeschooling and a very active little running around.  Mr. Daddy had Monday and Tuesday off so I did have a little bit of a safety those days.  He watched Mr. Mister While I worked with Bug. We had thought we would be joining a co-op this year, but after this week Mr. Daddy and I realized it just wouldn't be productive or a good idea for any of us. 
Bee is a fifth grader this year.  We are using Memoria Press' curriculum, again, for her.  The first couple of days were very rough for us this week.  Reviewing the math from last year was not exciting and it took us a while to figure out how we will have to run our days. 
Bee excited for the new year.
The first book she's reading in literature this year is, "Adam of the Road," and Bee seems to be struggling with it.  I'm not sure if it's the time in history or the style of writing.  I'm hoping it's just a beginning of the year thing. By the end of the week things are running smoother. 
Bug is a Preschooler this year. We are using Memoria Press' Junior Kindergarten curriculum for her.  This is a new curriculum for us to try.  It's set up for only 2 days a week, so I had to come up with a curriculum to cover the other days. 
Bug eating her green eggs and ham.
This week wasn't too bad for her, but I did feel like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things printed and copied.  It should be better next week, now that I have a better idea on how it will go.

Mr. Mister was our unknown this year.  I wasn't sure how I would manage to work with the girls and keep him out of trouble.  I think we have figured out how our days will look.  All the kids say the pledge of allegiance together and a morning prayer. Then Bee does independent work while I play or watch an educational show with Mr. Mister and Bug.
Bug and Mr. Mister snuggling.
We all eat lunch together and then Mr. Mister goes down for a nap.  I work with Bug and help Bee with any questions or lessons she needs.  Bug is usually done before then end of nap time.  Bee is usually done shortly after nap time.  

I hope your week went smoothly for you.  If you have any suggestions or helpful thought please share and comment below. If you want to see more about the curriculum we are using check out my Pinterest page here
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.