Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - September 5, 2015

Join me, Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers,  The Homeschool Mother's Journal, and
Hip Homeschool Hop as we recap our week.

Hey y'all! How was your week?  My week started off on a happier note.  Sunday afternoon I heard one of our traps go off! Lucky for me Mr. Daddy bought the traps that you don't have to see the mouse and you just throw the whole thing away.  One mouse gone and we haven't seen or heard any more since then.  Here's praying they are gone for good. 

On another happy note my new van door handle arrived yesterday.  I was feeling brave, so I decided to put it on myself.  I am happy to announce my door handle is on and it wasn't too difficult.  It really makes my week when I can save money for my family do something myself. 

Next week we have a vacation coming up.  Mr. Daddy and I have no plans made yet.  We have talked about a couple of different options, but haven't finalized anything yet.  We may just have a staycation.  Now on to our homeschool week.

Bee is moving right along through 5th grade. She wasn't happy about not being able to print off her composition work.  The funny part of Bee is she doesn't always want to do her work, but when she does, it has to be perfectly compete.  She is really enjoying her assignment notebook.  I can't remember where I read the blog post, but a  mom used a regular composition notebook to write down her kids assignments.  She would write out one day of assignments at a time. 
I bought Bee a cute composition book at the beginning of the year and write out her assignments so she can mark them off.  Bee likes having a weeks worth of assignments at a time.  It's a super simple idea, but it really works.
Bug is doing surprisingly well with Preschool.  I'm surprised with how well she is sitting still for her lessons.  I honestly thought it would be a battle.  I'm still trying to figure out how to do her week.  The printer being out of ink has caused plenty of problems.  I leaning towards 2 days of Memoria Press curriculum, 2 days of review work using extra workbook pages and 1 day of catch up.  This week all the kids wanted to do the Letter "D" craft. 


It was a cute paper bag puppet of a dog. We used wiggly eyes to make them extra fun. They didn't last too long because brother loved the eyes so much he ripped them off all of the dogs the next day.
Mr. Mister had an exciting week.  His birthday is next week, so this week was full of planning and gift shopping.  He had a package arrive from Oma.  He was so excited about the box that he could care less about what is inside of it. 

Isn't that how all 2 year old are?  I'm sure he will enjoy the empty box too.
Well, that was our week.  Thank you for stopping by, please feel free to leave a comment.  I love hearing from y'all.
Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.