Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - February 6, 2016

Join me, Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, and  Parent Teacher Meet-Up as we recap our week.

Hey y'all! How was your week? My week has been a little crazy, but first let me catch you up from my last posting.  We were only an couple days into our Christmas break when we found out Mr. Daddy had received a promotion and we would be moving again, this time back towards Kansas City, KS.  This was exciting and stressful news for me, and then the second shoe dropped.  They wanted him to start by the 15th of January.  This turned our two week Christmas vacation into four weeks. 

We were lucky that Mr. Daddy had three days off right after Christmas so we would have time to try and find a new place to live.  Christmas eve, after church service, we let the kids open their presents. 


They we excited to get to pen their presents early, but not so happy to find out they would be spending Christmas day making the seven hour drive to look for a house.  It wasn't the most fun we have had on Christmas, but we made it safely. We were very blessed to find a really nice house with a large yard to rent.  We had the application approved, the deposit and first months rent paid, and were back on the road by lunch time. 

I spent the next couple of weeks trying to pack as everyone but Bug caught a cold.  We made a trip to the ER because Bug got a concussion, falling out of a shopping cart, the day before we had to load the truck.  Only by the grace of God did everything get packed up, moved, and unpacked. 

After a week I had most of the house unpacked when, after a long night of pain and sickness, I made a trip to the ER.  This was not part of my plan for this Friday, I wanted to prepare to start back to homeschooling on Monday.  I spent all weekend the hospital and had my gallbladder removed on Monday morning. 
Hospital Food
Mr.Daddy and I were so blessed to be close to our family and friends.  They helped us keep the kids from running a muck and let Mr. Daddy be with me when I woke up from surgery.  Thank you Grandma, Grandma and Grandpa B, Mama Rosie, and our Sweet Southern Friends, you are a blessing.

So, our planned two week Christmas vacation turned into six weeks.  Now, on to our homeschool week.


Bee seemed almost relieved to be back to her school work.  I didn't  assign any Spanish for her this week, but told her to review her previous lessons.  We did have to remind her to giver herself grace and we are homeschooling year round now.  She was worried about "catching up" and was starting to drive everyone crazy.
She really enjoyed the kids workshop at Home Depot.  I'm pretty sure it was the highlight of her week.


Kimber was really excited to get back to work.  She didn't have much trouble picking up where we had left off. 
I had found some fun new activities for her to participate in at the local library and she thought it was just awesome.


Mr. Mister did not do well, having to be separated from me. He was fussy and clinging, which causes problems when you can't pick up anything and have a tender stomach
By the end of this week he is mostly back to his normal self. He enjoyed the kids workshop at Home Depot too.

Well, that was our week.  Thank you for stopping by, please feel free to leave a comment.  I love hearing from y'all.

Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.