Friday, July 22, 2016

The Homeschool Weekly Buzz - July 23, 2016


Join me and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers as we recap our week.

Hey y'all! How was your week? This week was our first for the 2016-2017 school year.  We decided to start our school year very early in hopes of avoiding a repeat of last year.  With the surprise move and then my surgery we didn't finish last year until the middle of June.  We have no current plans to move, but God works in mysterious ways. 

I have been blessed with a wonderful doctor who worked hard to try and figure out what is wrong with me medically. I didn't get labeled with Subclinical Hyperthyroidism.  I'm still trying to figure out how this affects me and what changes I need to make in my life.

Now on to our homeschool week.


Bee is in Sixth Grade this year.we are using Memoria Press again this year, but we decided to not use the complete curriculum.  This is the second year she is using Rosetta Stone for Spanish, she seems to be doing well.  We are using the Spelling, Math, American Studies, Science, Composition and two of the Literature books.  She also managed to sweet talk her Grandma into giving her piano lessons this year.  Mr. Daddy's mom was an elementary music teacher, so we are really blessed in this situation.  I'm also hoping for her to get some swim lessons.

Bug is in Kindergarten this year. We are using the Memoria Press Kindergarten curriculum. She is super excited to be learning to read.  She wants to be able to read books all by herself, just like Bee.


Mr. Mister is doing really well this year. He will sit at the table with his sisters and color while they do school work.  It's really nice to not have to chase him down and keep him out of trouble, while trying to teach the girls.

Well, that was our week.  Thank you for stopping by, please feel free to leave a comment.  I love hearing from y'all.

Until next time,
 photo 33764858-61fa-41e3-92e1-e8d0c7e3f9be.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.